Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tour of Jeremie


So after our afternoon on the beach David offered to take me for a tour of Jeremie on his moto. I was kind of scared after my spring semester critical care elective (we saw a lot of motorcycle traumas), but I figured there was no better way to see the city. David has been here since October and knows his way around the city really well. He let me wear his helmet, which was appreciated. I was the only person on the road with a helmet! He took me through some of the poorer neighborhoods which reminded me a lot of the some of the poorer places I saw in Africa. Most of the houses were one room with broken down tin roofs. We also went to "the point" which is a piece of land that jets out into the ocean which has the remains of an old French fort complete with cannons. I also saw the city center which has a plaza and a big cathedral. Attached is a picture of Jeremie from on top of one of its many hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment